Even a pandemic can’t stop the Seawolves spirit. While our traditional Homecoming can’t be held in person this year, Stony Brook University will present STAY HOMEcoming, ten days of (mostly) virtual events created to engage and connect our students, alumni and friends as they celebrate and share their love of SBU.
From Thursday, October 1 to Saturday, October 10, all community members are invited to join us for a host of special events, including a few socially-distanced in-person events, such as a Drive-In Movie on October 4 featuring Jumanji: The Next Level. Departments across campus — including Advancement/Alumni Affairs, Athletics and Student Affairs — have aimed to create lively activities to offer something fun for everyone. Look for reunions for the members of the Classes of 1970 and 2010 as well as ones for Statesman alumni and Marching Band. New events include Homecoming bingo, digital caricatures, a trivia night, magic wand making, an Athletics virtual town hall, two paint nights (reservations required) and much more.
Homecoming has always been about connections — connecting to the University, your fellow alumni and students, and your lifelong friends. STAY HOMEcoming is a chance to keep that connection going and share the Seawolves spirit, no matter where you are.
Ways to Participate
- Use #SBUHomecoming or #STAYHOMEcoming when sharing photos. We want to see you at your virtual reunion or the results of your at-home craft.
- Download and use a Zoom STAY HOMEcoming background like the ones below at your next meeting.
- Register for the Drive-In Movie – Jumanji: The Next Level, being shown on Sunday, October 4. (Please note space is limited so register today!)
- Join Stony Brook’s renowned political scientists Leonie Huddy and Helmut Norpoth as they discuss Election Predictions on October 6.
- Students are encouraged to use the Corq app/SBEngaged to sign up for the paint nights, a tour of the new Stony Brook Union and a movie night showing Crazy Rich Asians (all following social distancing protocols).