Warmest congratulations to the accomplished Class of 2023! This significant milestone highlights your academic achievements and signifies the beginning of an exciting new chapter in your professional life. As you transition into the workforce, the Career Center has valuable resources and support. Whether you’re seeking job opportunities, refining your resume, or preparing for interviews, our team will guide and assist you every step of the way. The skills, knowledge, and experiences you gained during college will serve as a solid foundation for your future success.
As a leader in alumni career services, the SBU Career Center offers life-long career development support to graduates of all degree programs. Our coaches empower you to see the best in yourself while helping you to clarify your career direction, authentically network with alumni mentors, and achieve your career goals.
Some benefits of staying connected with your alma mater include access to events, job fairs, and one-on-one consultations with career coaches. But you’ll need to:
Keep Your Access to Handshake
Handshake has a new feature that allows you to add an alternative email to your account. This email address can become your primary email once you graduate and lose access to your Stony Brook email and NetID.
Steps to Add A Second Email – Handshake Article for a Visual Step by Step
- Log into your Student Handshake account.
- Locate your Account in the top-right corner (Circle icon with initials or your photo)
- Click Settings. On the page that loads, scroll down to the bottom of the Account Information section to “Emails” and click on + Add another email.
- Once you enter the alternative email into the text box, click “Add Email” at the right.
- You have seven days from adding the email to confirm it via a Handshake email.
Tip: If the confirmation email isn’t appearing as expected, check out this article for steps on troubleshooting missing confirmation emails.
Don’t lose access to your documents and important information
Approximately six months after graduation, your NetID and email will be deactivated. Make sure to read this article so you don’t lose important information and documents.
If you are still looking for a job
- Join Sr. Alumni Career Coach Marie Parziale for our 2 part Virtual Grad Retreat.
Part 1: Preparing for your job search – Tuesday, May 23 | 1 pm to 2:30 pm
Part 2: Managing your job search – Thursday, May 25 | 1 pm to 2:30 pm
- Join us at our in-person fall and spring job fairs.
Registration will open on Handshake for fall fairs in August 2023. All fairs will be hosted in person unless otherwise indicated.
Technology & Engineering Job & Internship Fair
Friday, September 22 | 1 pm to 5 pm
Healthcare, Research, & Human Services Job & Internship Fair
Friday, September 29 | 1 pm to 4 pm
Business & Communication Job & Internship Fair
Friday, October 6 | 1 pm to 4 pm
If you need to develop your job search or career plan
- Schedule a One: One appointment with an Alumni Career Coach on Handshake.
- Visit the Career Center website for more information on:
- Resumes, Cover Letters, and Job Search Tools – You can find great resume examples in the resource section under each of the career communities.
- Self-Assessments and Career Planning
- Graduate School
Visit the Alumni Association New Grad Page for your Alumni Checklist
Seawolves Staying Connected: Update your info so you get all the news and events just for you.
Request your Alumni Association card.
Explore alumni perks, like saving with Liberty Mutual, Plum Benefits, and Island Federal.
Learn more about alumni email for life.
Take advantage of alumni career programs and join us at our recent grad events.
Make a Class Legacy gift
Wishing you all the best in your post-graduation journey. Remember, the Career Center is here for you when you need us.
“Working with Stony Brook students and alumni to create a meaningful life and a purposeful career brings meaning to my life. The best part of coaching is helping my clients see what they have instead of what they don’t. I empower them to dream big and recognize their strengths, interests, and gifts while helping them see a clear path and create the necessary steps to make their dream a reality while making a living. “ If you are interested in working with me, please make an appointment on Handshake or email me at email@example.com.